09, day one recap.

I rang in the new year with the family and spent all afternoon with a few crazy buds from high school. While it's been difficult trying to keep our friendship alive, our efforts haven't gone to waste. Every minute spent together is fun-filled. I'd hate to jinx it and I know it's unrealistic to believe in "forever", but I truly hope this friendship is one that'll last. I want these people to be in my freakin' wedding for goodness sakes! Years and years from now, of course :].

2008's taken me for a pretty wild ride:
  • 4.0 GPA for both spring semester and summer session.
  • Ingledue, Skorka, Calixto, Gill, Yim.
  • Losing AND gaining friendships.
  • Finding Word International, Los Angeles.
  • Shows, shows, and more shows makes for a very broke teen.
  • Adventures with those oh so crazy bandies.
The list goes on and on... Time flies and I feel overwhelmed thinking about all that's happened in 2008: the highs and the lows, the joy and the pain, the successes and the failures. But I'll take it all as a learning experience and move on. It doesn't really help to dwell on the past.

Some resolutions for 09:
1. Grow spiritually in my walk with God.
2. Read and write more. I have a list of books I want to read. No excuses, I know I have to build up my vocabulary.
3. Procrastinate less. Sigh, I say this every single year. =/
4. Make more of an effort to keep in touch with old friends.
5. Lose weight. Again, I say this with every passing year, but I mean it this time around. I've gained so much weight since college started, it's not even funny. This goes hand in hand with eating right & raising my self-esteem.
6. Improve on guitar and bass. Practice makes perfect!

Comments

1 Response to "09, day one recap."

GeOh said... January 3, 2009 at 1:55 AM

It makes me Chuckle with Glee (cause only REAL fat people can chuckle with glee) when you resolve to lose weight. Say what you will, that shit is simply hilarious. I only have one resolution for this year:

Fall in love with my eyes open.


And don't make an ass of myself in Public anymore.

that's two, I guess, both of which I broke in a matter of minutes.


Currently listening: