Weekend Snapshots.

Saturday comprised of going to the farmers market and indulging myself with the best cheese tamale I've had in ages, a catch-up with The Housewives of NYC and church. Saturday night was spent with a very dear friend whom I've known since middle school, affectionately nicknamed Drummer Boy. We went to our favorite restaurant that we used to frequent during our years of high school after football games, concerts and rehearsals.


This summer, I promise to be more adventurous.
Summer hasn't officially begun and I can already cross this off my list. I faced my fear of climbing ladders and heights head-on as he and I trespassed onto a building's roof that evening. Gazing up at the stars, watching the cars drive past, sharing stories, the sweetest kiss before climbing back down. Magical. I may have prolonged going to bed that evening for fear of washing the memories away.


Sunday: lunch at Chinatown, an excursion into Union Station and the last of the Dodgers vs. Braves series with family.



Despite the heat, a great time was had by all. The game was made even more enjoyable as a young man, clad in Celtics gear, made his way down to his seat (directly behind me, mind you) and was met with a chorus of "Boooooo"s and a "Celtics suck!" chant by the crowd. You've got to have major cojones to wear a Celtics jersey in a Laker-predominated venue, so, kudos to him.


We rarely stay for the whole game in an attempt to beat the rush of traffic out of the parking lots, but since we used the Dodger Express from Union Station - for free, instead of paying $15 for parking - we stuck around for the extra innings. By then, the crowds were dwindling away, which is a shame because the Dodgers won in the eleventh inning, thanks to Ellis and a run by Martin.


I need more weekends like this. Life, make it happen.

Comments

5 Responses to "Weekend Snapshots."

Karen said... June 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Fun weekend! And cool photos.

l said... June 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I need to be more adventurous too! And ooh, nothing beats coca cola in a glass bottle!

You Are My Fave said... June 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Yes, this summer will be adventurous and awesome!

Punctuation Mark said... June 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM

that was a really fun weekend... love the palm trees!!! have fun!!!

Emily Jane said... September 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Great weekend - I hope your summer followed suit :)


Currently listening: