Missed Opportunities, Boys With Girlfriends and Rude Comments.

Holy Negative Nancy, Batman!

Remember this post that I wrote over a year ago? How I had the opportunity to interview the electropop goodness that is HeyHiHello? I think I may have actually talked to Jakub, the lead vocalist, a few times before actually sitting down to compose interview questions. In the end, I passed on the opportunity as I labeled myself too shy and incompetent to go through with it. In the past year, they've slowly but surely built up their fan base and are on their way to being the next electropop hit. Following the footsteps of Owl City, if I may be so bold to say? What was the point of this blurb? Oh, yes. Missed opportunities. Sunken confidence. Regret, regret, regret. Seems to be a recurring theme in this blog, don't you think?

Oh, iTunes, why must you be a constant reminder of my terrible luck with boys and potential relationships? Meiko's "Boys With Girlfriends" just came on. Remember this post? Hopeless romantics eat that stuff up all the time! Meeting a stranger, discovering all these uncanny similarities and forming an everlasting bond, if circumstances allow. It's the premise of the rom-com in my mind's theater, honestly. I'm sure you can guess the gist of the whole situation without me having to blatantly spell it out. 'Cause I know better not to be friends with boys with girlfriends, oh. Boy-In-Question keeps texting me out of the blue, even going as far as mentioning his new job a mere fifteen minutes away; he lives in the South Bay, an hour south. Quite similar to another situation over two years ago, but that's a story for another time, perhaps. Oh, I know better than that, I know better.

Apologies for the extremely girly nature of the following paragraph, but it just has to be said with hopes that Blogspot can hold me accountable. I've gained twenty pounds since I was fifteen-years-old. That's about five pounds a year, which is a lot for someone standing at a modest height of 5'3". At a disastrous lunch with a few old friends a couple of weeks ago, a high school acquaintance (I never considered us close in the least bit) loudly declared how "different" I looked now as opposed to our high school years. After a questioning look from me, he continued to say that I was tinier back then, implying a noticeable weight gain. In the wise words of Ms. Stephanie Tanner, "HOW RUDE!" After that slap in the face, I'm now on a mission to get fit once more. Not necessarily lose weight, but get in shape. And no, round is not a shape.

It doesn't help that I can never resist the pull of Yogurtland when I veer close enough. Tart frozen yogurt + cheesecake bites + Mochi + irresistible pink spoons = a happy-go-lucky me. I've no willpower, really.


Sincerely hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Comments

5 Responses to "Missed Opportunities, Boys With Girlfriends and Rude Comments."

You Are My Fave said... May 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Seriously, why would someone say that to your face? People can be terribly rude. Everyone gains weight from high school. You should have said, "You look hefty."

Awmber said... May 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. I'm sorry some people have to be such douchebags. I have the same problem with self control. It just doesn't happen.

Kyla Roma said... May 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I can't believe someone would say that to you! I vote you toss a yogurt at is head if you see him about! cYou can say it was from me. ;)

Gage said... May 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM

wow, people can be so dumb. ugh.

on a happier note, you are so witty. i love it. and i too am a sucker for fro-yo. yum.

Karen said... June 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Posts like this are exactly why I like reading your blog! Yogurtland is my weakness too. And I'm fan of HeyHiHello as well. #Life


Currently listening: