Miniscule.

I cannot even begin to fathom how small I am in the grand scheme of things. It's similar to the feeling that overcomes you as you rest in an open field and gaze at the twinkling celestial bodies in the vast night sky. It's an overwhelming and all-consuming feeling, one that goes right down to your core and has the power to render you useless. That's life at the moment - except I don't have the comfort of a loved one at my side, holding my hand and shielding me from the horrors of the night. At least then, I would know that everything will be alright. Where do we go from here? And why are we doing this? For the adventure. For the impossibility.
I promise to write (you) each day.

Comments

2 Responses to "Miniscule."

Brent said... November 10, 2009 at 4:51 AM

This reminds me of what my Astronomy professor said to the class on the first day. "In this class, you'll learn how truly insignificant you are".

So true. But yet, we engineer our own existence. So... cool beans.

Anonymous said... January 31, 2010 at 11:12 PM

What a great resource!


Currently listening: